Monday, September 1, 2008

I'm Goin' In...

Hey! Here I am, back at college!

My roommate is really nice, and I think we'll get along well. She's a sophomore, and so are most of her friends, so they're a bit immature at times, but I had dinner with them tonight and that was pretty sweet.

My room is quite nice! I have a loft bed FINALLY (I've always wanted one), and I'm on the first floor of the building, which has never happened to me before! Yay for less heavy lifting during move-in! And speaking of move-in, many props to Miss Lyss for driving me up here and being awesome.

I really like the coziness of my space! It's mostly confined to the under-my-bed-area, except for a little reading corner I've created, and everything looks decorated and cute. Pictures will follow.

On the downside, my Ethernet port is broken, and no one will get around to fixing it for a few days, which means my internet usage is confined to the student lounge. Also, my Ethernet cord is too short, and broken. I need a new one. Also, also, I couldn't get my UCard today, which is used to pay for my meals, transportation, and let me into my building. All the offices were closed (Labor Day, you know), so my nice roommate let me use her guest pass to eat dinner. I need to get my UCard ASAP tomorrow morning so as to do....everything.

Funny coincedence! Guess who I ran into in the hall today on my way back from dinner? Lizzy French! A rather hilarious conversation ensued.

So, the rat race resumes tomorrow morning with Crops, Environment and Society at 10:15. Hopefully I'll get a chance to find my UCard before then.

You know, I think being here this semester will be good. I'm not feeling too nervous, and it's nice to know that I'll be going home in four days for DJJD. I like being close to home.

Well, I'm off to a res hall meeting. Night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please post photos ASAP!

Regarding the ethernet cable - I'll try to rustle one up for you before you come back. But what's with the port being broken? Cord might not work if it really is. Do you have wireless anywhere?

Mad3lyn said...

SAY HI TO LIZZIE OR MARIE IF YOU SEE THEM AGAIN


also



your loft is a cave