Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First Day of Classes!

Alright, as promised, here are photos of my dorm! Interspersed within this post, because I can't figure out how to post these nicely!

So. Today:
-Woke up to the sound of a nice man fixing the ethernet port in my room at 8am. Unfortunately I don't have a long enough cord, so I'm still attached to the wireless in the common room.
-Since I was up anyway, I decided to take the bus over to the building where I get my UCard on the east bank. Nearly got lost riding the bus (but saw a lot of cool things!) stood in a long line, paid 15 dollars, and got my UCard with a promise that it wouldn't be functional until tomorrow. Yay.
-Biked over to my Crops class at 10:15 and was unimpressed by the professor. We went over a brief history of agriculture in the ancient world, and he (not being a anthro student like myself) got most of the information wrong. But that's ok! I've looked through the text book and I'm excited for the class!
-Went over to the cafateria to see if I could sneak lunch with my faulty UCard. Imagine my surprised when it worked, and I got a yummy lunch of cous-cous, salad, and fruit!
-Didn't have to go to Crops lab because it's the first day, so I get the rest of the afternoon off.
-I switch some classes by dropping my Chemistry class (it's a long story, but the jist is that it's not something I need to take) and adding Geography and Public Policy (which will be useful in a Sustainable Agriculture minor).
-I spend the rest of the afternoon hanging out and getting ready for my Anthro class at 6:20!

And that brings us up to date.

So far, I really like being here. I know it's a little early to decide what I think about the school, but honestly, I love being around trees and being on the relativly quiet St. Paul campus. My dorm room is comfy, my roomie is nice, my classes will be sweet once I get them straightened out, the food is good, and I have access to EVERYTHING just a few blocks away (including Brugers Bagels, Chipotle and Jamba Juice, all of which take my UCard). Plus, SO many places to hang out!

I just have to mention one downside, however.
My bed is hard as a rock.

But that's ok! I'll buy a mattress pad or something!

And speaking of buying things...
List of things I need:
-Ethernet cord
-Light bulb
-Deoderant
-Mattress pad
-Dry-erase marker
-And a few other things I can't think of at the moment.

I'm off to dinner, and then to class! Enjoy the pics!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

List noted. :-)

Steven said...

Wow, nice looking room. And quick response on the ethernet port. Hopefully that's an indicator of good management there.
Let me know if you want me to drop off the ethernet cable later today. Glad you're enjoying things there!

Mad3lyn said...

dude your room looks BIG.