Monday, September 22, 2008

At Least I Haven't Passed Out

Well! Last week is over, thank goodness, and all I can say is that I REALLY need to remember to take my meds EVERY NIGHT or I tend to fall into the depths of despair, as Anne would say. But things are better now, and so I shall post an update.

The weekend was quite nice, although much too short. I got to hang out with Dita and Mike and listen to them play a gig at the Cow, and listen to drunken middle aged men talk loudly about how they'd like to make it with the cute base player. Just a tad awkward, but very funny!
The Rowley-O'Boyles left on Friday for Wisconsin, which left me with time to hang out with Lyss and my lovable doggy, since Dad was out of town.

OH!!
And we watched "Charlie Bartlett," which I reccomend HIGHLY to you, Maddie! You'll LOVE it!! And mom, I may make you watch it, too. It's one of my new favorites! They borrow a few things from Harold and Maude, and the kid who plays Charlie is one of the best actors I've seen in a long time. Watch it!!

As for this week, I've already had an eventful morning, as a girl fainted dead away in my Animal Food Products class, and we weren't even doing anything! There we were, a group of students standing in the dairy facility, listening to our prof go on about pasturization, and all of a sudden this girl just hits the decks. Nobody knew what to do (we're animal people, not nursing students!), and the prof started running around calling for cloths and water. It was rediculous. She came around, though, and was a bit embarrassed, naturally. I felt bad, but this has made me realize that I need to get on board with learning some basic first aid so I can actually help in these situations!

And speaking of first aid, I may need some myself tonight when I start to worry about my big Anthro test tomorrow.
Cue rescue breathing!

2 comments:

Steven said...

So that's why I was praying extra hard for you this morning, Anthro Test. How did it go?

Mad3lyn said...

woa the internet just ate up my comment. I will start anew! the thing is that I've wanted to see that flick forever but HOW DO I SEE MOVIES IN COLLEGE? rent them? where from? I just don't know.