Friday, June 25, 2010

Still Exhausted, But Happier

"Carry on my wayward son,
There'll be peace when you are done.
Lay your weary head to rest,
Don't you cry no more."

Seriously, is there a song with a better chorus and killer guitar licks? Kansas made my whole day better as I was driving home from the stand. I was tired and hot and still in a bit of a funk, but in four minutes the universe spoke, and I knew everything would be alright. Perfect.

After talking with family and friends, I've decided that as long as I act with honestly, courage and conviction I will be ok with any decisions I make regarding staying here or quitting. Right now I've finally gotten my second wind and things are looking up, so I'm going to keep on truckin' here at Bluebird, but I'm also going to keep a weather eye (and ear) out for other job opportunities that may pay more and require less than all of my willpower and strength being sapped from me.

Ok, that was an exaggeration. :-)

But I'm feeling pretty good right now, and I'm excited because I'm going to meet mom in St. Cloud tomorrow for a fun day and a half! It's going to be a welcome break from the farm, and a good time to get in a car by myself and sing loudly for a couple of hours.

But while I'm on the subject of my car, does anyone have any good suggestions for getting sour milk smell out of a trunk? At the beginning of the week I took a bunch of people in to the grocery store, and Sam forgot a gallon of milk in my trunk, which promptly exploded and rotted in the heat, and now my car smells terrible. Halp!

No comments: