Monday, May 3, 2010

Today Was A Bad Day For Writing

Ugh. I don't know what was up with me and this day, but there was no love lost between us.

I've been having trouble sleeping recently, and I've done everything from taking hot showers to doing the relaxing aspects of my yoga and tai chi, to settling down with a good book, to meditation, and any number of other things. I just can't get to sleep. So last night I laid in bed from 1am until 4 unable to sleep, and getting more and more frustrated by it.

Basically, I'm pretty sure it's all the stress of these last two weeks of school building up, and I just can't wait for it to be over. Tonight I plan on trying a few more things to chill out.

But anyway, I woke up this morning and was peeved 'cause I was tired and I'd slept through class. I just felt terrible. I've been trying to get out of it all day, but I just couldn't do it. I felt off center all day, and I haven't been able to write anything decent. I'm still at 9 pages, and I have six days left to write at least 11 more pages. Uff da.

I've decided the best thing to do at this point is to go to bed and try for a better day tomorrow, since I couldn't seem to salvage this one. Wish me luck!

No comments: