Monday, February 2, 2009

Quick Pics!

Hiya!

I've finally figured out where to get wireless, and I talked the nice lady at the front desk (who's name was Alison!) into giving me an access code, so, here we are! P.S. I've never met anyone who spelled their name like mine until I come to Scotland. Go figure.

I'm just going to quickly post a couple of pictures that I took today. Excuse the very Scottish weather! Actually, this is quite unseasonable for them, so I've heard from EVERYONE. I guess it's really rare for snow to stay on the ground for more than 12 hours.

So, follow the photos if you want to see what I'm seeing!


Next, I'll give you a quick rundown of my schedule for the next few days. Remember that I'm 6 hours ahead of you Yanks in the States!:

Tomorrow-
9:00 - Arcadia Orientation Meeting
10:45 - Tea Time
12:15 - Lunch at Le Sept Restaurant
1:30 - Tour of the Museum of Scotland
3:00 - Tour of Edinburgh Castle
6:45 - Trip to the theatre to see "Blood Brothers" by Willy Russell

Feb 4th-
9:30 - Arcadia Orientation Meeting
11:00 - Tea Time
11:30 - Stirling Orientation
12:30 - Lunch
3:30 - Depart by coach (bus) to Homestay in Stirling

And in between all that I'll have some time to explore Edinburgh by myself (or with others)! Everything's so old and pretty here. Here's where I am on a map!


4 comments:

Mad3lyn said...

this is the thing: if you don't feel like doing one of the scheduled things then just DON'T GO. Live on your terms. If that means taking an hour or two off of scheduled events then that's what you should do, you dig? Also, Skype someday? You're asleep now probably but WHATEVER okay love madelyn

Alison said...

Hiya!

I know I can take some time off of the shedule, but we're actually doing really cool things! There isn't really anything I wouldn't be going to see on my own, except maybe the play, but I'm excited for that too!

I know what you mean, though. It's nice to see the city NOT in a group of people. :-D

Mad3lyn said...

right on. this is the thing: I have class today from 11:15am-1:15pm and then again at 2:30pm. so I don't know about a phone call today... you can leave me a message though!

LOOOOOOVE,

Madelyn

P.S. read my blog you twat

Anonymous said...

Hey.... put a widget on your sidebar for your Flickr pics!