Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Day Off.

I like Wednesdays, and I like having them without classes!

Today I got up at 12:30, which was really nice after being up late last night with Will watching music videos. It made me miss Gabe! Anyway, I got up and had some breakfast, and then went searching for the top of the big hill behind campus called "the Domyutt." Not really sure about the spelling on that one. So, I went walking toward it and instead of getting up it I sort of went high along the ridge that leads to it, but after going through a valley and not being sure QUITE which way I should be going, I decided to scrap the idea of climbing the hill and just explore. I came across a cool broken down country church with a graveyard that was sectioned off because the ruins and stones were "unsafe." I thought about exploring, but it did look a bit like it was about to fall down, so I decided against it. I also saw a deer! They're much smaller than ours, but quite cute.

Once I got back from my hiking adventure I took a shower and had some lunch (at about 3pm, mind you, but it's still lunch). Then, some time at the library researching for one of my history projects, and now here I am!

Today's been a weird day, weather wise. It's been really windy, and one minute there's lots of sun, and then it's a downpour. Strange, but nice! The birds and rabbits don't seem to mind it much.

As of yesterday I remembered about a movie trailer that Maddie showed me quite a while ago for a new feature called "Were The World Mine." It's based on "A Midsummer Night's Dream" by Shakespeare, which I've just been reading, and I really like both Shakespeare's play AND the soundtrack for "Were The World Mine," which I've totally fallen in love with. Be warned, those of you who don't like musicals. But seriously, the lead in this movie, Tanner Cohen, has the most amazingly pure voice. I love it. So check out the trailer!

This weekend is the Scotland vs. Italy rugby game in Edinburgh, and I'm pretty excited about it! Hopefully I won't get punched again!

And...That's about all the news I have for now. Oh, except that I'm trying to plan a trip to the Isle of Sky with Michelle and Erica for a few weekends from now. It'd be really cool!!!

Oh, AND, I went to church at the kirk in Bridge of Allan last Sunday, and it was very nice. I've never been to a church with a female preacher before, and she was really good. I'd been thinking all week about Psalm 121 and the lines about lifting your eyes to the hills, and, what do you know, that's what the whole sermon was about! Pretty sweet.

And happy belated pancake day to everyone in the U.S.! That's one holiday tradition that I'm planning on bringing back. And is it ok to say "happy ash Wednesday?" I'm going to go for it. Happy ash Wednesday, everyone! I always think of it as the beginning of the Easter season, which I like a lot.

So, that's enough sentences beginning with "and," I think.

I'll leave you with some Shakespeare:
"My ear should catch your voice; my eye, your eye,
My tongue should catch your tongue's sweet melody,
My tongue your tongue, were the world mine.

And I will sing that they shall hear
That I am not, I am not afraid,
I am not afraid."

1 comment:

Steven said...

What a beautiful post. Thank you. And happy Ash Wednesday to you. It's very appropriate to say so because, you're right, it's the beginning of The Time of Easter !!! (Did you move from the back of the book to the beginning in your Treasury of Daily Prayer this morning?) Yesterday was the last day in The Time of Christmas. Ash Wednesday is a solemn day because of the serpent and the apple, and what had to be done to fix things, but the story has a WONDERFUL ending. :-) It's 5 o'clock here. Going to grab my clubs and go hit golf balls before church. Dad