Saturday, February 7, 2009

Here I Am And There I Was

Hey everyone!

I have a headache. What a bad note to start a new entry on. But it's true! I was just about to go out to a pub in town with Will and Jack (my new Scottish roommates) and the girls (from my orientation group) when all of a sudden my head started pounding, and I remembered that I didn't take my meds last night. Why? you ask. Because, I answer, I was out having a GOOD OLD SCOTTISH TIME!!!



So yes, pub time last night, at which there were many funny stories told, and about which I will pretty much always laugh. I asked the barkeep for a Magner's Cider, which I've only had once, while Mom and I were in Wales, and they didn't have it. What they DID have, however, was "Bulmer's" which is a knockoff brand, and which doesn't have too much of a taste to it. Anyway, we all ordered drinks and settled down to watch the locals carouse about, and we even took part in "trivia night!" Of course, we were all too giggly at that point to pay attention to the game, but it was fun anyway!

So, let's see. I haven't updated since the beginning of the trip, so here's what's been happening: 1) Visited the Scottish Museum and Edinburgh Castle, 2) Left Edinburgh by bus and arrived at Stirling for a few days with our host families, 3) Visited Stirling Castle and the William Wallace memorial...

And a bunch of other things! But you don't really want to hear from me. You want PICTURES! Click on this loverly one to access the rest via flickr!


2 comments:

Mad3lyn said...

THAT WAS SO AWESOME oh my gosh I want to hang out with those old men

Anonymous said...

What a hoot. Thanks for putting up the pics too!