Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Kicking Ass and Taking Names

What I wouldn't give for the ability to wander around the countryside fighting baddies with martial arts, riding horses and camping out every night. How the heck did it take me until my 22nd year of life to discover Xena?!

This stupid show has managed to devour my life for the last week or so, since I discovered that the whole series is on Netflix instant play. It's got comedy, action, adventure, romance, deep theological discussion; everything you could want in a TV show from the late '90s.

I mean, I have enough problems becoming addicted to fiction as it is (remember the summer between Junior and Senior year of high school when I watched all seven seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer? And a few months ago when all I did was read the Kushiel's Legacy books?), and this series meets all my requirements for "mythical world I can spend a lot of time day dreaming about."
So that's my life at present. Wishing I was born in a time where I could run about in wool and leather and kick ass with my trusty sidekick. Am I too old for this kind of thing? Possibly. Could I run around in the woods pretending and fighting with sticks for a good part of my life? Heck yes.

In the meantime, I guess I have to graduate.

No comments: