Sunday, January 10, 2010

Mexico: Parte Dos

Hola, amigos y familia!

I thought about writing this whole post in Spanish, but as that would be lame for most of you, I won't. I'm sorry I haven't been posting more often, but life is just so busy and interesting here I don't get on my computer much. However, I will now try to update you on life for the last two weeks!

Mainly, I've been in school or doing schoolwork or out partying (nothing too crazy, don't worry) with my Mexican amigos, but we've had some pretty cool cultural experiences in the last two weeks, so I'm just going to give you the highlights.

But first, I better give you the cast of characters. Primero, there's Greta (who we all call "Greta Dawwwn" with a southern accent, as her middle name is Dawn, and it sounds like she should be a country singer), who's a pretty awesome, chill, hippy chick with a lot of cool out-door knowledge and experience. This is Greta on top of the Pyramid of the Sun in Teotihuacan (pronounced "Tay-o-tee-wa-con")!








Next there's Kyle, who's a fun dude who has a critical mind and likes good books along the lines of Hunter S. Thompson. Generally, he's an English major all around, and we all love him, but Greta most of all (I've had SUCH a hard time not teasing her about him!). Here's Kyle and Greta chilling at the beach in Acapulco, were we went just this last weekend.








And then there's Jackie, who is the life of the party pretty much all the time; who's done and seen so many more things than me that I'm occasionally blown away by my general lack of knowledge about some things in life. She's part Palestinian, and she has a lot of opinions about social change that I've never heard before. This is her sitting with Joe, another dude from the trip, when we went out in the first week.






So the four of us hang out in our little group and study and have a good time, and more often than not we join up with parts of the rest of the group (there are around 30 of us from the U), usually Kyle's roomates (he lives with seven other guys. I do not envy their host-mom's kitchen and cleaning jobs). Here are the four of us together on top of the Pyramid of the Sun in Teotihuacan!


And now that I've finally got the scene set up, I have to go to bed. I'm mighty tired from our trip to Acapulco, but I'll get online again soon and post more pictures from our adventures.

Later days!*



*This is for Julia, who I didn't get to talk to on her birthday. Happy B-day, pipsqueak! I'll bring you a cool present from Mexico!

1 comment:

Mad3lyn said...

neeeeeeeeeeeeato

...laterdayz