Wednesday, October 7, 2009

LOOK I'M POSTING!!!!!!!!

Life has both sped up and slowed down since school started. I've gotten a lot busier with homework and classes and such, which translates to no social life and even less sleep, but at the same time it feels like things are paused. Coming back from that trip with Sarah I was so energized and invigorated about life! Living outside and communing with nature does that to me. Also, listening to Mason Jennings.

But now I'm back in the school groove and just working, working, working to get out. Only one more semester after this one and I'm done! I've been talking to a lot of people about what I want to do when I finish. Basically, I think the only worthy occupation in this world is to make it your business to help other people, and I want to do that at the base of the system, helping people get clean water, food, shelter and other necessities. I'm thinking Heifer International, PeaceCorps, or ELCA Global Missions at the moment. We'll have to see how things pan out.

But before I can graduate I need to fulfill all my requirements, and the ones I'm worried about right now are my Spanish credits. I'm taking Spanish 1003 right now, and I need to get through Spanish 1004 before I graduate, but because I'm trying to smash all of my last minute classes in next semester, and it would be SO much easier not to have to take Spanish 1004 then as well. SO, I looked for an alternative, and voila! There's a three week Spanish immersion program in Mexico this winter that would fulfill my 1004 credit! SWEET!

Downside: It costs 2,000 dollars.

Now, that sounds like a lot, but considering 5 credits (the same amount that I would get going to Mexico) costs 1,700 dollars here in Minneapolis, it's not much at all.

SO. If anyone feels like benefactor-ing this trip, or contributing to it in any way, DO SO! You will earn my eternal gratitude, and I will send you many emails from Mexico telling you what I'm up to.

Yes. Here ends my shameless begging for money.

In other news, I'm getting a new computer!!! The one I have is slowly dying, and is systematically deleting my music, so Dad was nice to me and bought me a new one which is on the way in the mail! I'm so excited to have a computer that works well again!

And now I must hasten to geology class! Later, skaters.

1 comment:

Mad3lyn said...

I request a guest bloggin'