Thursday, October 22, 2009

False Alarm

Hurrah, I feel much better today! No flu for me.

I'm currently listening to "Somewhere A Clock Is Ticking" by Snow Patrol. I forgot how good this song is. It's on the Final Straw cd, and I only listen to about 3 songs on that album, and I need to branch out. It's a good cd. And it's one of the only ones I still have now that I've changed computers. I backed up all the music from my old computer to my external hard drive, but somehow it had deleted MOST of my music without telling me. So now I have about a quarter of my music on my new comp, and I've still got to get the rest (which is on my iPod) back on, so I'm downloading this handy program called Ephpod that Paige told me about. We'll see if it works!

Today I think my soapbox will be people who can't get along. Don't you hate it when two people you like dislike each other? It just ruins my whole day. Not that it's the fault of one or both parties, it's just the way the world works, I guess. I just wish everyone would get along! Live and let live. Or, as Sue Sylvester said on Glee last night (yes, it's my new addiction), "live and let learn." Possibly the only decent thing she's said this season.

But tomorrow is Friday, and that makes a lot of things better. I'm gonna get done with classes, jet on down to Nfield to see Maddie's concert at the Key, then drop the car off with above-mentioned Maddie and ride back to the Cities with Lyss to have a fun weekend watching movies, possibly going to an apple orchard, going to Jamba Juice and many bookstores, cooking delicious food, and so on.

And apropos of nothing, has anyone heard the new Decemberists tune "The Rake's Song?" It's got such a catchy beat, but it's so TERRIBLE! All about killing your kids. Not cool. But so catchy... Damn you, Decemberists. You are terribly interesting. I still can't get over how you rhymed "Miranda" with "veranda" in "We Both Go Down Together."

Also, I need recipes that use potatoes. We've got a lot of red potatoes currently, and we've gotta do something with them before they "grow legs and walk away" and Will says. Hit me with your suggestions!

No comments: