Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I May Be Dead Of Pig Flu By Morning?

WOW I've been moody lately! Sorry about that, guys. I'm going to let that suffice as a complete explanation for my last post.

Basically, things in my life are fine now. There was some teenage relationship angst, but all is well, and the worst I have to worry about is waking up in time for classes (which has become much harder than it sounds). Oh, and I think I may be coming down with the something flu-like (hopefully not the dreaded Flu de Oink) because my stomach's been hurting for the past few days.

AND A DELICIOUS REPAST OF PAD THAI AT PAIGE'S LAST NIGHT DID NOT HELP. But it WAS freakin' delicious.

We carved pumpkins (mine is either really happy or in some kind of (erotic?) pain). After the carving we made dinner, AND pie, as we're working on perfecting a Swedish apple recipe that is getting tastier every time we make it. Again, not great for my unhappy stomach, but delicious.

Meanwhile, things like Jim and Pam's wedding, the new song by Snow Patrol and listening to the funny old guys on the bus in the morning (this morning they were discussing social security; yesterday it was lawyers. The consensus? All useless) remind me of the total awesomeness of life.

Also, a recent link by a friend of Maddie's and mine, ActionAthena, was pretty sweet! Maddie just posted a long bit about how great Athena's comics are (and I totally agree), and so Athena posted back about how great Maddie is, and somehow I got mentioned? Gotta love blood connections that get you press time. ;-)

Let's see...other news.
I'M GOING TO MEXICO! I know I've mentioned this a couple of times already, but now I have an ACCEPTANCE LETTER to prove it!!

And I think that's a good way to end. Mexico. Happy. Life is good.

2 comments:

Mad3lyn said...

jealous jealous I WANT TO GO TO MEXICOOOOOO, MEXICOOOOOO, MEXICOOOOOOO

coo'


when the grap are we guest-blogging?

grape


MADELYN

Alison said...

Guest blog next Monday? We can make up what the other person did over the geekend. Gool.