Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Outage.

Hey y'all.

I've been feeling kind of depressed lately. Not sure why. The last five days or so has just been me missing home like crazy. I miss Northfield so much! Why did I decide to go so far away?

Oh yeah, because I'm a brave explorer. Or at least I try to be. I'm always so torn between the comfortable old and the enticing new, and I suppose that's a good thing, but it sure makes for a life of green grass on the other side.

No, really, I do like it here a lot. I would like to live here someday, but only if I could somehow transport all of the people I love here as well. And Blue Monday. That'd be cool.

So, the deal is that I have a paper due on Monday, and I can't seem to break myself out of this funk enough to do work. Snow Patrol and Coldplay are trying to help, but they seem to make me feel better while also steeping me lower in the hot water of my own mind.

I'm lonely.

No doubt things will perk up soon, but that doesn't really change the way I feel now. Mom will be here in about a week, and I know Lyss and I will have amazing times when she comes at the end of May, and I have nine weeks before I fly out over the Atlantic again. It's too much time and not enough. I hope I'll have learned what I came to learn by that time.

Lyrics for the night...

"Those who are dead are not dead,
They're just living in my head.
And since I fell for that spell
I've been living there as well.
Time is so short and I'm sure
There must be something more.
"
-42, by Coldplay

"I will race you to the waterside,
And from the edge of Ireland shout out loud,
So they could hear it in America:
'It's all for you.'
"
-The Planets Bend Between Us, by Snow Patrol

No comments: