Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Birthday Day!!

Hey everyone!

A less depressing post this time, I promise!

So, as some of you know, yesterday was my birthday, and I had a great time! Thanks to all those who sent me birthday wishes! It was great to hear from you :-).



Mom and I spent the day in Edinburgh seeing the sights and having the MOST amazing seafood lunch I've had in my whole life! We went to the Museum of Childhood first, which was just what I needed on the birthday when I become a full-fledged adult. No more provisional license for me!



This whole week has been great, I've gotta say. Mom and I have been seeing ALL the sights, from a day on the England boarder seeing Hadrian's Wall, to Edinburgh, Glasgow, Stirling, and tomorrow we're going to see the 14th century castle in Doune where "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" was shot. Awesome.

Anyway, I can't think of much more to say right now, except for I'm having a great time.

Oh! And that I'm leaving for my solo trip to Ireland on Friday! I plan to travel from Dublin to Cork to Killarney, where I'll spend my first night, and then up to Limerick and a night in Galway, and then a final stop in Clara, where the O'Sionnach Castle is (my family castle!!) before heading back to Dublin. It's gonna be a whirlwind, but I'll have TONS of pictures to show for it when I get back!!

Thanks again for the birthday notes, and I'll talk to you later! :-D

P.S. Check out my Flickr account for more pictures!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Alison said...

Haha!

Thanks, Lyss. I knew you'd find some way to give me a hard time about SOMETHING in this post. ;-)

Mad3lyn said...

OH MY GOSH all I'm saying is that it is SO obvious what was going on in that first picture. Mom is MAKING you smile in this photo and you are having none of it (though you realize you blog now and photos are a good idea) anyway, I'm taking my mom in two days. Deal with it.