Sunday, October 5, 2008

Stream of Consciousness. And love.

I love learning things about cool new people. I love finding music in common. I love music. I love joking around with my roommate. I love cleaning our sink. I love being more complicated than the box allows. I love writing in my own answers. I love the realization that I don't know anything yet. I love going to the 24 hour grocery store with my best friend at two in the morning, and racing matchbox cars down the deserted isles. I love water. I love October air. I love crappy songs I used to identify with. I love playing guitar with a guy I just met. I love hiding from the RAs when we have a hall meeting. I love being 20 and 1/2 in two days. I love really good, hearty, whole wheat bread. I luv speling foneticly. I love having really talented friends. I love my friends. I love a strategically placed swear word. I love my desire to be a better person. I love my infatuation with romance. I love my middle name, and it's namesake. I love my need to learn new things. I love dogs. I love the way you make me feel. I love the person I'm going to marry someday. I love the uncertanty of not knowing who it will be. I love Reeses Puffs for a midnight snack. I love playing with the hamsters that live illegally across the hall. I love my chickens. I love growing things organically. I love listening to stories about the Trinity Tacklebox in church. I love St. John's. I love understanding, loving, helpful adults. I love being treated like an adult when I want to be. I love being a kid the rest of the time. I love the fact that I'm just coming up to the age of peak physical condition. I love the U of M. I love Northfield, Minnesota. I love a challange. I love hitting the snooze button. I love all of the possibilities that I contain. I love all of the things I've inherrited. I am in love with life just now.

3 comments:

Steven said...

:-) ..... The look on my face as I read your post. Thanks for sharing. I'm happy for you.

Anonymous said...

Mommy never seems to make it into her kids' stream of consciousness, but maybe that will change as they get older..... :-)

(Don't you love how I took something that was all about you and made it all about me? I've almost achieved the legendary Jewish mother status.)

Mad3lyn said...

hahah mom

ANYWAY

Alison I think that it's totally rad that you've found your little chunk of the planet and now you're happy and YAY. I hope that I can steal some of your happiness and plant it here and maybe it will grow into a big happy tree of really good pears or something because I love pears. I'm excited to come stay with you this weekend and I would like to feel happy again and I'm pretty sure that we're happy when we're together and it will be REALLY REALLY GOOD FOR ME TO VISIT. Yes. I love you. Love, Madelyn