Monday, July 12, 2010

For Those Of You Just Joining Us...

...I quit work up at Bluebird Gardens in Fergus Falls. It was the first time I've ever quit a job with no other alternative figured out and ready to take over. There were so many reasons why Bluebird wasn't the place for me, and if you read those back entries about the farm you'll see many of them interspersed with the high points. The last straw for me was finding out that we were using non-organic chemicals on the farm, which may not be a big deal for some people, but for me it is.

That's all I'm gonna say about that, because I'm sick of talking about it!

This last week has been a great time to unwind. I've been doing yoga, running and biking, stretching out all those knots in my back, catching up on my sleep, and generally chilling out, which has been REALLY nice.

But I miss my friends at Bluebird! I miss talking with Jenny in the fields (even though we got yelled at for it), thinking about the future and listening to Fleetwood Mac with Stu, talking in spanglish with Ramon and Alejandro, and so many other things!! Ramon's girlfriend Lilly had their baby back home in Peru early on Saturday morning, and they named him Rafael, which is so awesome! I'm sad I didn't get to party with them to celebrate! But I'm still keeping in contact with them, and they may come to visit soon!

As for what I'm up to next, who knows? I've interviewed at another farm, but I don't know if I'll get it, or if I should take it. I'm considering getting a job in Northfield for a while and working full time to make some serious money and then just going for the New Zealand plan. ALSO, Beth Ness is going to Scotland in September for a semester, and she's said I have a place to stay there if I want to come visit, so perhaps I should change the New Zealand plan to the Scotland plan? I'm unsure. I feel so free, but also a bit aimless just now, which is not one of my favorite feelings.

Anyway, I'll try to keep this blog a little more current now that I've recuperated. :-)

No comments: