Monday, November 23, 2009

LIES! IT WAS ALL LIES!

I have such exciting news that I would write this whole post IN CAPS if it wasn't so annoying to read. The long and short of it is that I'M GOING TO GRADUATE ON TIME, SPRING 2010!!!

So, here's how this blessed miracle came about.

I woke up on Sunday morning, or rather, afternoon at 12:30 which was really nice. I needed the sleep. But the downside of sleeping in is that I only had a few hours to write a five to seven page paper. So I tried and tried, and I didn't get anything done. Sarah showed up at 6pm and we headed out for dinner on our way to the Mason Jenning's concert at first avenue.

AND NOW A MINOR BREAK IN SCHEDULING TO BRING YOU ALISON'S EXCITEMENT ABOUT RECENT CONCERTS:


So I went to see Paramore a couple of weeks ago, and they were awesome. Hayley kicked ass and sang her heart out 'till my ears rang. It was and all around good time, and I bought their recent CD, Brand New Eyes, which I like quite a lot, though I don't know if I would have liked it as much had I not heard the songs in concert first. There's something about hearing songs sung to you (the audience) from the mouth of the person who wrote the lyrics that gives me shivers. Concerts are a religious experience for me.


Anyway, last night was the Mason Jennings concert, and I totally cried. I mean, I laughed and sang and yelled happily at Sarah, but I also cried, which I tend to do at really great concerts like this one and Snow Patrol's a few months ago. Mason sang a whole bunch of great songs, most of which were from his Blood of Man record which just came out, and which I just bought, and which is one of my new favorite CDs, although I don't like it as much as his Boneclouds record. I won't go on and on about his music (though he is WONDERFUL), but I will say that if you haven't heard his song Your New Man, you really should. It's not really like anything else that he does, but it's hilarious.

END OF CONCERT RANT

So after the concert I came back home and started working on my paper, not finishing until 5 this morning. I went to bed for two hours, then got up at 7, turned in my paper, met with my Spanish professor to clarify some tense structures, and then met with my general education adviser. This is where it gets good.

I walk into his office and we say hi, and then he asks what I wanted to see him about. I say I'm wondering if there's any way that he could rearrange my credits to get those pesky 11 credits of upper class work filled. Of course I'm asking this with next to no hope, but he looks down at my records and says, "yeah, of course!" So he somehow made my credits from Stirling cover it! I've got all my requirements covered as of registration! And even better, I'm petitioning that one of my transfer credits be counted toward my major requirements (which it probably will) which means I'll get to take one less class next semester! Overall, that meeting was EXTREMELY helpful.

So when I got out I went to Geo class, and then to the first half of my Spanish exam (second half is tomorrow), and then back home where I've been trying to sleep unsuccessfully. So if this post isn't quite understandable, I'm sorry.

Oh! And I got a bedframe, and the mouse is nowhere to be seen since we pepperminted the house.

And now I'm going to fall into bed. See you in the morning, when I'll be sure to make more sense.

1 comment:

Steven said...

Alison,
I'm so happy with you about this unexpected turn of events. And kudos to you for following up on this, and going in once again to see your advisor, and asking the question, and believing you could get the right answer! Way to go !!! And when you finally fell into bed, you didn't have to fall quite so far.