Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Ohhhhhhh, updates.

I just found the coolest music program! It's called TuneUp, and it works with your iTunes to name tracks that you have no idea about, and to clean up tracks that have become distorted, not to mention give you the album art you're missing, give you music recommendations, and let you know when your favorite bands are playing near you. It's awesome!

Anyway.

Our time is running out, as Muse would say, and I STILL have a million things to do. I'm not feeling too stressed about it, though. I'm trying to think of "back to school" as just an extenuation of time, instead of the beginning of a new era, which is how I usually think of it. I put time in boxes labeled "summer," "back to school," "christmas break," etc., and each season feels like it exists apart from the rest of time. I'm not sure what the benefit of this system is, but the downside is that when I jump into a new block of time, I'm cut off from what came before, which doesn't feel very safe.

But hey, that's why I'm going to a shrink. ;-)

Meanwhile, money worries are piling up. I feel badly about costing Mom and Lance so much money, and yet I can't seem to stop. I need dentist appointments, and supplies for school, and a hair cut, etcetera etcetera. It never seems to end, and I can't seem to help much since I don't currently have a job. And I probably won't be getting one this semester because I'm going to be spending all my time in class. Curses.


BUT, I am really excited about getting my hair cut. It's been driving me crazy ever since I decided to cut it short again. So, I shall be happier shortly. Hah. Shortly.
AND, I'm going to be spending my father's money on new clothes tomorrow. Good times. I feel bad asking him for money too, but he's not paying child support, so I figure this is letting him off easy. But I am thankful. I would like a few new pairs of pants.

Here are my goals for the week:
Physical goal - Do some form of outdoor heart-rate-increasing exercise for half an hour every day.
Food goal - Get a bar of super-dark chocolate (anti-oxidants!) to nibble when I have terrible cravings, but ignore all other sweets until Sunday.
Mind goal - Stop telling little lies and stretching stories to make them sound better. I don't do it often, but when I do do it I feel crappy. It's a bad habit which requires breaking.

So, I am now off to get shorn, get ready for school, and become a better person. Wish me luck! ;-)

No comments: