Friday, April 22, 2011

Ben Lomond

Just a quick post with pictures from the mountain I climbed yesterday. The memory of doing this is going to stick with me. There were three separate times when I sat down and thought "I don't think I can do this. I think I have to turn around." But I didn't. I got to the top of the highest point in the area. It was a pretty intense experience.

The path up once I broke the treeline. That's Ben Lomond. Ufda.


Got to a bit of a plateau...


There's Queenstown, waaaaaay down there! And here's my typical "I don't know what I should be doing in this picture" face.


Two thirds of the way up, and I've still got the worst part ahead of me:



But I did it! Here's the cairn at the top to prove it!

And here's one of the views from the top. I'll show you more when I get home! :-)

No comments: