Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Not Really Upside Down. More Like...Cockeyed.

Dang it, I had such a nice plan worked out! Work here until January, then go see Gabe with Dad, then go to Heifer at the end of January until the end of May, then work through the summer, and head to New Zealand in October 2011.

Buuuuuuut, I just heard from Heifer that because of downsizing they can't afford to have any more volunteers before next May at the earliest. So that kind of changes things. On the upside, that frees me up to go to New Zealand earlier, but that means that instead of breaking the working for money up into two chunks, I'm going to do it in one chunk, and I'm already feeling a little burnt out.

I don't know what it is (maybe I'm just having an off day) but I feel like my life is out of balance. Based on next week, I'm going to be working from 10am to whenever the Reub lets me go (sometime between 8pm and 2am) four days a week, with a possible fifth day. On the one hand, I feel like a wimp for whining about this when the hours total somewhere around the usual 40-50 hour work week, but on the other hand, I don't want to sign my life away to being a waitress for the next six months or so.

I already don't have time for working out, and I'm feeling sick because of some meds I'm on, and I have no social life to speak of because none of my friends live in Northfield anymore...

And this is fast turning into a whine fest, so I'll stop! Life really is good, and I'm doing well over all, but I feel out of balance. That's the bottom line.

So how do I fix this?

No comments: